BUS ACCIDENT ATTORNEY LEWISVILLE TX
Recover Damages & Expenses for Your Injuries
While riding a city bus, school bus, or a shuttle van can be one of the safest ways to get from one place to another; they are not immune from the risk of collisions. Bus accidents are common occurrences here in the Lewisville & Fort Worth areas and happen for various reasons. Most people that ride public transportation think that the company implements all necessary safety precautions, and your bus driver is qualified to get you safely to your destination. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. Todd R. Durham Law Firm is your legal advocate to represent you in dealing with the city, the insurance company, and even the bus manufacturer.
Common Causes for City Transit Bus Accidents
Many factors contribute to bus accidents here in Texas, ranging from:
- Poor maintenance
- Driver negligence
- Faulty mechanical failure
- Defective parts and poor design manufacturing
- Weather and road conditions
A city transit bus accident can get extremely complicated with many parties involved. You need a competent legal authority involved, like bus accident attorney Todd R. Durham. He has dealt with the private and government municipalities that operate bus transit.
Bus Accident Injuries & Compensation
Anyone involved in the bus accident is susceptible to injuries that can result in being ejected, ran over, thrown from a broken window, tossed into the roof of the bus, or crunched between seats that have broken free. Many accident cases have proven that if you or a loved one is a victim of a bus accident, you will certainly have the potential of suffering one or more of the following injuries:
- Head injuries & brain injuries
- Neck trauma
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken, or fractured bones
- Damage to internal organs
- Wrongful death
If it is determined that there is negligence involved and you have incurred injuries or lost a family member as a result of the bus accident, possible compensation can include the following:
- Medical expenses and funeral expenses
- Cost of physical therapy or mental therapy
- Cost of long-term care
- Property damage
- Wage loss
- Pain and suffering
It is important that when you are involved in a bus accident, that you speak to a qualified attorney right away. Waiting to file your claim and be detrimental to your case.
What damages am I allowed to recover in a bus accident?
After a bus accident, there are two ways to recover damages: you can file a claim with an insurance company, or you can file a personal injury claim. First and foremost, though, you’ll want to seek legal expertise. Having an attorney on your side will make this whole process easier.
It is possible to recover the following damages after a bus accident:
- Medical Expenses – There’s a good chance that your bus accident caused you an injury. If so, most insurance companies will reimburse the total cost of medical damages.
- Lost Wages – If you injury from the accident causes you to lose hours at work, the insurance companies will pay lost wages and future wages.
- Pain and Suffering – In some cases, pain and suffering are factored into damages paid out. These damages compensate you for mental anguish or emotional pain.
Contact the Lewisville, TX bus accident attorney at the Todd R. Durham Law Firm for a FREE CONSULTATION to discuss your city transit bus accident. Contact us Or Call (214) 222-4000, or complete our online request form.