Best Work Injury Attorney in Lewisville, TX
If You’ve Suffered a Work Related Injury, Contact Attorney Todd R. Durham for Your Claim Issues
Injuries on the job are a relatively common occurrence. While most work injuries are minor in nature like cuts or burns, some work injuries can result in severe trauma, long-term disability or wrongful death. Regardless of whether the injury is minor or severe, you have a right to receive compensation for injuries you incur at work. If you have suffered injuries because of a work related accident, you need to contact qualified work injury attorney Lewisville at the Todd R. Durham Law Firm who can help you determine your eligibility for benefits.
Call Todd’s Law Office at 214-222-4000 For Your Free Case Review
Steps to Take If You’ve Been Injured at Work
First and foremost, you should report the injury to your employer. Next, ask your employer for a claim form and file a claim. In workers’ compensation cases, time is of the essence since you only have a limited amount of time to file your claim.
Finally, if you have been involved in a work accident, the most important thing to do is document everything. It may be wise to start a file and include the following:
- Notes regarding exactly what happened before, during, and after the incident.
- Documentation regarding the extent of your injuries (for example, photos and medical records).
- A log of your conversations with insurance adjusters, doctors, lawyers, witnesses, etc.
- Other pertinent information including important letters and medical bills.
- It is also important to keep all evidence of your injury; evidence may include photos of damaged property or the scene of the accident as well as any defective product or piece of equipment, which may have been directly involved.
Can I File A Claim Against My Employer?
Workers’ compensation laws were established not only to protect workers, but also to protect employers.
Because most employers are required by law to provide workers’ compensation insurance for their employees, they are protected by the law from defending themselves against personal injury claims by employees. This is not to say that you cannot sue your employer.
However, it does limit the grounds on which you can sue your employer.
Essentially, workers’ compensation is a no-fault system, which means that negligence (whether on the part of the employer or employee) is not an issue.
Employees who sustain work-related injuries due to a defective product or machinery may pursue a third party claim. These claims are usually filed against manufacturers of faulty products or equipment.
Workplace Injury Claim
If you’re injured in the workplace, you’re entitled to compensation for your medical bills and loss of work hours. We’ll take on your case and fight for your rights.
Industrial Injury Lawyers
An industrial setting is a dangerous place. A single injury can leave you out of work for months on end. You’re owed for your injuries, and we’ll see to it that you’re paid.
Occupational Accident Insurance
Having insurance in the case of an occupational accident can make a world of difference when bills are piling up and you’re out of work. We recommend getting insurance soon.
Work Accident Lawyers’ Fees
Working with a lawyer does cost money, but we keep our prices affordable. You’ll receive a quote before we begin.
Types of Injuries Workers’ Compensation Covers
While the following list is not comprehensive, it does cover some of the more common work-related injuries covered by workers’ compensation:
- Diseases contracted due to repeated and prolonged exposure to toxins at work. Asbestos poisoning is an example.
- Mental and/or physical strain caused by work-related stress.
- Preexisting conditions (back injury, hip injury) worsened by job duties or the work environment.
- Repetitive stress injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Injuries sustained on company grounds while “off the clock.”
- There are injuries that workers’ compensation will not cover. These include self-inflicted injuries, injuries sustained during the commission of a crime, or injuries suffered due to employee misconduct.
Work Injury Attorney Frequently Asked Questions
- If I’m injured at my workplace, what should I do immediately?
- Who is responsible if a defective product at work causes my injuries?
- What kind of techniques would an attorney use in my case?
- What will I have to pay my attorney in a work accident case?
- If my employer doesn’t offer Workers’ Compensation insurance, how will I pay my medical bills?
Know Your Rights
Workers’ compensation is a complex system of laws with specific guidelines and procedures. If you have been injured in a work accident, you may be entitled to receive benefits. Workers’ Compensation Attorney Todd R. Durham can help you recover damages and ensure that your rights are protected. Call a work injury attorney Lewisville today at the Todd R. Durham Law Firm for your FREE CONSULTATION or take a moment and complete the free online request form and Todd or his staff will get in contact with you to discuss your case.