A wide array of cases fall under the personal injury law. For example, personal injury law can include anything such as car accidents, wrongful deaths, pedestrian injury, and more. For all your personal injury cases, Todd Durham Law Firm is here to help.
What to Expect
Personal injury lawyers are going to look at your case from three different angles to determine how your personal injury lawyer goes about handling your case. They will consider the following:
- Type – What type of injury have you sustained? Is it a head injury? A back or spinal injury?
- Length of time – How long is it going to take for you to feel better? How long is the recovery process?
- Cost – How much will all of your medical bills cost? This can include present medical bills as well as future bills, such as physical therapy and other rehabilitation sources.
The Next Steps
Those looking to hire a personal injury lawyer can expect to go through an exhausting trial process with their attorney, so picking the right attorney with the knowledge and skill for a personal injury case is important for a successful court case. When hiring a personal injury lawyer, you should expect some if not all of the following things from them:
- File a lawsuit or negotiate a fair settlement – Hiring a knowledgeable attorney will make for the best settlements for your case.
- Paperwork support staff – Legal documentation can be overwhelming. With the help of an experienced attorney, you’ll have someone in your corner ready to read and interpret any lengthy documentation that comes your way.
- Care – The pickier you are about hiring a lawyer, the better your chances are to find a lawyer who genuinely cares about you. The lower the attorney’s caseload and the higher the care, the better your personal injury outcome.