From minor whiplash injuries to major paralysis, the impact of an automobile collision has the potential to cause several types of spinal cord injuries. In fact, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention named car accidents as the third leading cause of traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries in the United States, following falls and unintentional blunt force trauma. Victims of car accidents who have received a spinal cord injury as the result of another driver’s negligence may be eligible to receive compensation for their injuries. Our established personal injury attorney at Todd Durham Law Firm can help you get your life back on track.
Spinal Cord Injuries
According to Johns Hopkins Medicine, there are two main types of spinal cord injuries, including incomplete and complete injuries. Incomplete injuries involve some type of feeling or function below the injury site, such as the ability to use a limb or experience feeling in an appendage. People who have complete injuries, on the other hand, have no function or feeling below the place where the injury occurred, including quadriplegia.
How Compensation Can Help
People who suffer from a spinal cord injury may have difficulty paying for all of the expenses that stem from having a disability. Our team represents all types of spinal cord injuries, and can help you get compensation for your case. Your compensation can be used for the following:
- Replace wages that were lost due to your inability to work.
- Cover your medical expenses, including treatments, medication, physical therapy and even money spent to travel to and from your medical appointments.
- Pay to construct necessary accommodations in your home that will help you accomplish your daily living tasks, including stabilizing bars, stair ramps, bathroom safety fixtures and motion-activated lights.
- Cover the cost of home health care should you need the assistance of a personal nurse.
- Pay for adaptations to your vehicle.
Compensation may also be awarded to cover any pain and suffering that you may have experienced as a result of the accident.
At Todd Durham Law Firm, we are focused on getting our clients the compensation they deserve. We understand that receiving a spinal cord injury can transform your quality of life. Call our friendly representatives at [PHONE] to schedule a consultation. We’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.