We’re now well into the holiday season. The holidays often bring joy and opportunity, but also danger. You see, seasonal chilly weather may be accompanied by ice and snow. Conditions are worsening, roadways are slick, and the sidewalk may caked in ice and snow flurries. It’s a slippery world. One wrong step could mean a severe back injury, or a broken arm. Slip and fall accidents are not to be trifled with. This holiday season, protect yourself against slip and fall accidents!
A Few Useful Tips
With conditions worsening, now is the time to act. Take special precautions to prevent slip and fall accidents. You’ll want to protect yourself, first and foremost, but also visitors to your home. Consider the following:
- Examine the overall condition of your exterior walkways and stairs and clear away any snow or ice that has accumulated.
- Remove tripping hazards from steps and walkways, including fallen branches, children’s toys or snow shovels.
- Arrange outdoor furniture in a manner to prevent tripping.
- Immediately clean any spilled liquids, and ensure floors are adequately dried before walking on them once more.
- Ensure adequate lighting both indoors and outdoors during the holiday season to prevent accidents.
As a business owner, there are a few ways to protect yourself from slip and fall accidents. First, you’ll want to prevent yourself from taking a tumble. Next, consider your employees and patrons. An accident could mean a lawsuit. Protect yourself from financial ruin.
If a store floor is wet due to folks tracking water or snow indoors, put up a caution sign to warn newcomers. Let everyone coming in know of the hazard before someone does slip and fall. Also, clean the area adequately as often as possible. Remove the hazard entirely!