A major crash caused all southbound lanes of Interstate 35 E near downtown Lewisville to be shut down Friday night. The accident occurred just before 10 p.m. near the Victory Avenue exit. A tractor-trailer and one vehicle were involved in the accident that caused traffic to come to a complete standstill. One person was sent to the hospital, no word on their condition. The lanes re-opened an hour and a half later after authorities had completed their cleanup.
What to Do In a Freeway Car Accident
One of the worst places to be involved in an accident is on the fast-moving freeway. If you find yourself in a car crash on a fast moving highway, there are some very specific steps you need to take to protect yourself. Do the following:
- If you can move, get over on the shoulder, away from traffic.
- Call for medical assistance for anyone hurt.
- If someone is injured, do not move him or her unless there is an immediate danger.
- Take pictures of the damage to your car.
- Gather contact and insurance information of everyone involved.
- Get checked out by a medical professional.
- Call your attorney and set up an appointment for a consultation.
If you complete those steps after a freeway accident, you are more likely to have a positive outcome. If you have questions about your case, talk to Todd Durham.
How to File a Claim
Filing an accident claim can be complex and complicated. The insurance company may not be giving you the respect you deserve. Assert your rights and talk to an attorney who can demand the compensation that you are entitled to. Todd Durham can help you in filing your claim, negotiating with the insurance companies, and much more. All you have to do is call and schedule an initial consultation.