On December 19, a car hit a husband who was stopped on the side of the road to help his wife repair her broken down car. The man was standing behind the broken down vehicle when a car traveling down the road struck him, and he passed away at the scene. It is not yet clear if the driver of the car, who struck the man, was driving under the influence or merely distracted. Authorities are still investigating.
Broken Down? Here Is What to Do
When your car breaks down, you need to take some immediate safety precautions to prevent a potentially dangerous accident. Here are a few steps you can take to minimize your risk:
- Pull your car over to the side of the road as far as possible.
- Access your car’s emergency kit and pull out road flares.
- Light the road flares and place them around the perimeter of your car.
- Stay in your car and do not get out unless you are in immediate danger.
- Call a towing company for assistance.
- Some cities have free towing service if you are stuck on a highway, save this number in your phone.
Wrongful Death Cases
When your loved one passes away due to someone else’s negligence, you have options. You can sue on their behalf to get compensation for the damages your family has suffered. While no amount of money can ever bring them back, it can make the life for those who survived just a little easier. Call Todd R. Durham today if you have lost a loved one in a car accident.
If you or someone you love is involved in a car accident, it is important that you do not wait to Contact an attorney. Call Todd R. Durham today at (214) 222-4000 to schedule your initial consultation.